UP Education Network, together with our district partners, BPS and LPS, is working to support our students and families in these trying times.
For families of UP Academy scholars, if you can’t contact your school or school leaders and have questions or concerns, you can call (617) 752-2302. If you don’t reach anyone, leave a voicemail and we will respond as soon as possible.
Please see below for important information and the remote learning updates we have available, in addition to summer resources and information on school return in the fall. We are continually updating this page with new information and resources as it becomes available.
Recent Communications and Guidance
- A Resource for Parents: Talking to Children about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Lawrence Public Schools Information
- Boston Public Schools Information
- Center for Disease Control website
- Staying Connected: Low cost Internet Access
- City of Boston Internet Connectivity and Technology Support
- Rental Relief Fund
Boston Summer Resources:
- BPS 5th Quarter summer programs: These are run by BPS-approved partners. All eligible students are invited to attend, but any family can apply to these programs. Please note that space is limited. You can find more information about these learning opportunities by visiting bostonpublicschools.org/summer
. You can register here.
- Summer Camps, Jobs, Internships, and Volunteer Opportunities: Summer camps and programs are available to all families for enrollment. Some camps and programs may be quite different this summer because of the nationwide pandemic. You can find more information by visiting bostonpublicschools.org/
- Meals: BPS will continue to provide access to free breakfast and lunch meals to the City of Boston children through pick-up and delivery, for students who regularly receive door-to-door transportation. The BPS meal sites currently open will continue serving Boston children throughout the summer. Meal sites will remain open on weekdays from June 23-July 2. Beginning July 6, BPS will operate an additional 18 meal sites. All sites will be open MondayFriday, 8:30-11:30 a.m. In addition, the City of Boston and community partners will operate dozens of additional meal sites, open throughout the summer. You can learn more by visiting bostonpublicschools.org/
- Social-Emotional Support: BPS will continue to offer opportunities for students to receive mental health services and other counseling via telehealth. You can learn more and read other tips for staying healthy by visiting bostonpublicschools.org/
Lawrence Summer Resources:
- LPS guidance on state reopening- English
- LPS guidance on state reopening- Spanish
- Summer Meals PDF
- Family Resource Center, Lawrence Learns: PreK and Kindergarten Registration
UP has created a new site where teachers will continually post new learning materials. It is organized by school, grade level and subject area.
For a home workout designed by our PE teachers, watch this video.
Additional Online Resources:
See here for additional resources that can be used for online learning.