About The Campaign:
ReadUP is an annual opportunity to inspire and reignite a love of reading all while raising critical funds to support the important work of UP Education Network. 100% of funds raised will go towards supporting literacy for UP students. At UP schools, students learn to read using the cutting edge methodology known as “the science of reading” and as students progress, they engage with culturally relevant and topical content in their English Language Arts curriculum.
Hear More from Jaida, Leah and Ms. Ouansa
Interested? Here’s how to Participate:
- Be a reader: Sign up and join an existing team on our Classy page. You and your teammates pledge to read as many books as possible during the month of May and fundraise as much as you can. We suggest participants commit to $25 per book pledged and encourage you to ask for additional donations from friends and family to maximize your impact.
- Be a donor: Make a gift to a Read UP team of your choosing and help ensure UP students get the best possible literacy support.
What You’ll Get When You Join:
- Public recognition on social media and more.
- Join a community of fellow readers to inspire and encourage others to join the fun!
- A special prize for the top reader/top fundraiser to join UP’s CEO for breakfast at an UP school.
How to Get Started:
Visit the Classy page and sign up to join a team. Click on the “Join a Team” button. Please note: You will have to make a Classy account to join a team. When you join a team, Classy will also create a “fundraiser page.” The fundraiser page is where you direct anyone to make a gift on your behalf. It will roll up to the team totals.
Read UP Corner
Check out what Read UP teams and participants are reading this week:
Check out the below video to hear from UP Academy Dorchester staff and students what their favorite books are to read!
Ms. Rivera from the network office visited our kindergarten friends at UP Academy Holland read “Oh, The Places You’ll Go” by Dr. Seuss. Check it out!