Welcome to UP Academy Dorchester! Serving more than 720 K-8 students in the Bowdoin-Geneva community of Boston since 2013, UP Dorchester is a mission-driven community of passionate and dedicated educators. Our school community is built on the core values of teamwork, integrity, grit, engagement, and respect.
Check out the UAD Family Information Website!
- Grades Served: K1-8
- Enrollment: Approximately 720
- Restart Date: August 2013
- School Restarted: John Marshall Elementary School
- Elementary Principal: Ariella Silverstein-Tapp
- Middle School Principal: Erica Andrew
- Director of Operations: Michaela Power
- Address: 35 Westville Street, Dorchester, MA 02124
- Phone: (617) 635-8810
- Fax: (617) 635-8815
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday – Tuesday: 7:45am – 3:30pm
- Wednesday: 7:45am – 12:30pm
- Thursday – Friday: 7:45am – 3:30pm
- * Doors open Monday – Friday at 7:15am for breakfast
Board of Trustees
UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester are Horace Mann charter schools and are governed by the UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester Board of Trustees.
- Barbara Sullivan – Vice President, Research, Learning & Evaluation, Fidelity Foundations
- Beth Clymer (Chair) – Chief Financial Officer, Jobcase, Inc.
- Nii Amaah K. Ofosu-Amaah (Treasurer)– Principal, Business Development, Berkshire Partners
- Alisha Johnson – Supervisor, Crimson Preferred Scheduling, Tufts Medical Center
- Amar Kumar (Vice-Chair) – Senior Vice President of Product and Portfolio Management at Pearson
- Lana Ewing – Chief Academic Officer, Excel Academy Charter Schools
- Ali Huberlie – Senior Director, EY Parthenon
- Tchintcia Barros – Senior Portfolio Manager, Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Nelly Xavier – Senior Vice President, Head of Advisors and Family Offices, Fiera Capital
UP Academy Dorchester is still accepting applications for the 2021-22 school year in Grades K1-3 and 5. To enroll your child, you can apply online or download and submit an application via mail, in-person, email, or fax. The next application deadline is Monday, June 7th, 2021 at 4PM. The lottery will be held on Wednesday, June 9th, 2021 at 3pm.
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com or call 617-635-8810.