Welcome to UP Academy Dorchester! Serving more than 720 K-8 students in the Bowdoin-Geneva community of Boston since 2013, UP Dorchester is a mission-driven community of passionate and dedicated educators. Our school community is built on the core values of teamwork, integrity, grit, engagement, and respect.
Check out the UAD Family Information Website!
- Grades Served: K1-8
- Enrollment: Approximately 720
- Restart Date: August 2013
- School Restarted: John Marshall Elementary School
- Principal: Ariella Silverstein-Tapp
- Director of Operations: Michaela Power
- Address: 35 Westville Street, Dorchester, MA 02124
- Phone: (617) 635-8810
- Fax: (617) 635-8815
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday – Tuesday: 7:45am – 3:00pm
- Wednesday: 7:45am – 12:30pm
- Thursday – Friday: 7:45am – 3:00pm
- * Doors open Monday – Friday at 7:15am for breakfast
Board of Trustees
UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester are Horace Mann charter schools and are governed by the UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester Board of Trustees.
Amar Kumar (Chair) – Senior Vice President of Product and Portfolio Management at Pearson
Beth Clymer – Chief Financial Officer, Jobcase, Inc.
Matt Lesniak (Treasurer)– Director, Strategic Operations Finance, Wayfair
Alisha Johnson – Supervisor, Crimson Preferred Scheduling, Tufts Medical Center
Aisha Miller (Secretary) – Chief of Civic Engagement, Office of Mayor Kim Janey
Rishi Shukla – Managing Partner & Co-Founder, DockSquare Equity
Lana Ewing – Chief Academic Officer, Excel Academy Charter Schools
Ali Huberlie (Vice-Chair) – Senior Director, EY Parthenon
UP Academy Dorchester is still accepting applications for the 2021-22 school year in Grades K1-5. To enroll your child, you can apply online or download and submit an application via mail, in-person, email, or fax. UAD will be holding a 5th grade lottery on Friday, September 17th, 2021 at 4pm. UAD will be holding a K2 lottery on Thursday, September 23rd at 4pm.
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com or call 617-635-8810.