Welcome to UP Academy Dorchester! Serving more than 720 K-8 students in the Bowdoin-Geneva community of Boston since 2013, UP Dorchester is a mission-driven community of passionate and dedicated educators. Our school community is built on the core values of teamwork, integrity, grit, engagement, and respect.
- Grades Served: K1-8
- Enrollment: Approximately 720
- Restart Date: August 2013
- School Restarted: John Marshall Elementary School
- Principal: Ariella Silverstein-Tapp
- Director of Operations: Michaela Power
- Address: 35 Westville Street, Dorchester, MA 02124
- Phone: (617) 635-8810
- Fax: (617) 635-8815
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday – Tuesday: 7:45am – 3:00pm
- Wednesday: 7:45am – 12:30pm
- Thursday – Friday: 7:45am – 3:00pm
- * Doors open Monday – Friday at 7:15am for breakfast
Board of Trustees
UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester are Horace Mann charter schools and are governed by the UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester Board of Trustees.
Amar Kumar (Chair) – Founder & CEO, KaiPod Learning
Beth Clymer – Chief Financial Officer, Jobcase, Inc.
Matt Lesniak (Treasurer)– Director, Strategic Operations Finance, Wayfair
Alisha Johnson – Supervisor, Crimson Preferred Scheduling, Tufts Medical Center
Aisha Miller (Secretary) – Vice President, Related Beal
Rishi Shukla – Managing Partner & Co-Founder, DockSquare Equity
Lana Ewing – Chief Academic Officer, Excel Academy Charter Schools
Ali Huberlie (Vice-Chair) – Senior Director, EY Parthenon
- Sonia Satchell – Owner, IRIE Jamaican Style Restaurant
We are now accepting applications for the 2023-24 school year! To enroll your child, you can apply online or download and submit an application via mail, in-person, email, or fax. Applications are due by March 3rd at 4PM. The lottery will be held on March 8th at 3PM. Please apply now and don’t miss an opportunity to enroll!
If you are interested in enrolling this school year 2022-2023, we may have seats available. Please Email email@example.com.