Welcome to UP Academy Dorchester! Serving more than 720 K-8 students in the Bowdoin-Geneva community of Boston since 2013, UP Dorchester is a mission-driven community of passionate and dedicated educators. Our school community is built on the core values of teamwork, integrity, grit, engagement, and respect.
- Grades Served: K1-8
- Enrollment: Approximately 720
- Restart Date: August 2013
- School Restarted: John Marshall Elementary School
- Elementary Principal: Ariella Silverstein-Tapp
- Middle School Principal: Erica Andrews
- Director of Operations: Michaela Power
- Address: 35 Westville Street, Dorchester, MA 02124
- Phone: (617) 635-8810
- Fax: (617) 635-8815
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday – Tuesday: 7:45am – 3:30pm
- Wednesday: 7:45am – 12:30pm
- Thursday – Friday: 7:45am – 3:30pm
- * Doors open Monday – Friday at 7:15am for breakfast
Board of Trustees
UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester are Horace Mann charter schools and are governed by the UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester Board of Trustees.
- Barbara Sullivan – Director, Strategic Grant Partners
- Beth Clymer (Chair) – Operating Partner, Bain Capital
- Nii Amaah K. Ofosu-Amaah (Treasurer)– Principal, Business Development, Berkshire Partners
- Mark Parry – Community Member
- Alisha Johnson – Team Lead Crimson Preferred Scheduling, Tufts Medical Center
- Amar Kumar (Vice-Chair) – Senior Vice President of Product and Portfolio Management at Pearson
- Lana Ewing – Chief Academic Officer, Excel Academy Charter Schools
- Ali Huberlie – Senior Consultant, EY Parthenon
- Tchintcia Barros – Senior Portfolio Manager, Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Nelly Xavier – Senior Vice President, Head of Advisors and Family Offices, Fiera Capital
- Robert McConnaughey – Investment Management
UP Academy Dorchester is a tuition-free, public school open to all Boston scholars who are incoming K-8th graders. UP Academy Dorchester enrolls students through a random, city-wide lottery as required by Massachusetts law. An application is needed to enter the UP Academy Dorchester lottery, but no test scores, grades, recommendations, or history will be taken into consideration.
Schedule a Tour
Interested in learning more about one of our schools? Schedule a tour!
Tours of UP Academy Dorchester can be scheduled:
- Tuesdays 9-10 am
- Thursdays 1:15-2 pm
To schedule your tour of UP Academy Dorchester, email email@example.com or call 617-635-8810.
Boston Summer Resources
- BPS 5th Quarter summer programs: These are run by BPS-approved partners. All eligible students are invited to attend, but any family can apply to these programs. Please note that space is limited. You can find more information about these learning opportunities by visiting bostonpublicschools.org/summer
. You can register here.
- Summer Camps, Jobs, Internships, and Volunteer Opportunities: Summer camps and programs are available to all families for enrollment. Some camps and programs may be quite different this summer because of the nationwide pandemic. You can find more information by visiting bostonpublicschools.org/
- Meals: BPS will continue to provide access to free breakfast and lunch meals to the City of Boston children through pick-up and delivery, for students who regularly receive door-to-door transportation. The BPS meal sites currently open will continue serving Boston children throughout the summer. Meal sites will remain open on weekdays from June 23-July 2. Beginning July 6, BPS will operate an additional 18 meal sites. All sites will be open Monday – Friday, 8:30-11:30 a.m. In addition, the City of Boston and community partners will operate dozens of additional meal sites, open throughout the summer. You can learn more by visiting bostonpublicschools.org/
- Social-Emotional Support: BPS will continue to offer opportunities for students to receive mental health services and other counseling via telehealth. You can learn more and read other tips for staying healthy by visiting bostonpublicschools.org/