Welcome to UP Academy Dorchester! Serving preK-8 students in the Bowdoin-Geneva community of Boston since 2013, UP Dorchester is a mission-driven community of passionate and dedicated educators. Our school community is built on the core values of teamwork, integrity, grit, engagement, and respect.
- Grades Served: K1-8
- Enrollment: Approximately 720
- Restart Date: August 2013
- School Restarted: John Marshall Elementary School
- Principal: Ariella Silverstein-Tapp
- Director of Operations: Michaela Power
- Address: 35 Westville Street, Dorchester, MA 02124
- Phone: (617) 635-8810
- Fax: (617) 635-8815
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday – Tuesday: 7:45am – 3:00pm
- Wednesday: 7:45am – 12:30pm
- Thursday – Friday: 7:45am – 3:00pm
- * Doors open Monday – Friday at 7:15am for breakfast
Board of Trustees
UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester are Horace Mann charter schools and are governed by the UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester Board of Trustees.
Amar Kumar (Chair) – Founder & CEO, KaiPod Learning
Matt Lesniak (Treasurer)– Director, Strategic Operations Finance, Wayfair
Alisha Johnson – Supervisor, Crimson Preferred Scheduling, Tufts Medical Center
Aisha Miller (Secretary) – Vice President, Related Beal
Rishi Shukla – Managing Partner & Co-Founder, DockSquare Equity
Lana Ewing – Chief Academic Officer, Excel Academy Charter Schools
Ali Huberlie (Vice-Chair) – Senior Director, EY Parthenon
- Sonia Satchell – Owner, IRIE Jamaican Style Restaurant
What Makes UAD Unique?
UP Academy Dorchester offers rigorous academic, holistic social emotional learning and hands-on, experiential learning opportunities for grades K1-8.
At UP Academy Dorchester, your child will…
- Be part of a learning community where thinking and discussion is central, and everyone’s voice matters
- Be part of a state championship level athletics program
- Learn how to plant, grow, and harvest fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers as part of our greenhouse program
- Get exposure to robotics and coding as young as Kindergarten
- Figure out the best high school option for your child, and get help applying!
We are now accepting applications for the 2024-25 school year! To enroll your child, you can apply online or download and submit an application via mail, in-person, email, or fax.
Applications are due on Friday, March 1st, 2024 and the lottery will be held at UP Dorchester on 35 Westville St, Boston, MA 02124 on Thursday March 7th, 2024 at 4:00 PM .