Welcome to UP Academy Boston! Serving more than 375 6th-8th grade students in Boston since 2011, UP Academy Boston is a mission-driven community of passionate and dedicated educators.
- Grades Served: 6-8
- Enrollment: Approximately 375
- Restart Date: August 2011
- School Restarted: Patrick F. Gavin Middle School
- Principal: James Frier
- Director of Operations: Brittani Bond
- Address: 215 Dorchester Street, South Boston, MA 02127
- Phone: (617) 635-8819
- Fax: (617) 635-8820
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday – Thursday: 7:35 am – 3:00 pm
- Friday: 7:35 am – 1:00 pm
- *Doors open at 7:15 am for breakfast Monday-Friday
- *Students who have homework club or detention will be dismissed at 3:30pm.
Board of Trustees
UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester are Horace Mann charter schools and are governed by the UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester Board of Trustees.
Amar Kumar (Chair) – Founder & CEO, KaiPod Learning
Beth Clymer – Chief Financial Officer, Jobcase, Inc.
Matt Lesniak (Treasurer)– Director, Strategic Operations Finance, Wayfair
Alisha Johnson – Supervisor, Crimson Preferred Scheduling, Tufts Medical Center
Aisha Miller (Secretary) – Vice President, Related Beal
Rishi Shukla – Managing Partner & Co-Founder, DockSquare Equity
Lana Ewing – Chief Academic Officer, Excel Academy Charter Schools
Ali Huberlie (Vice-Chair) – Senior Director, EY Parthenon
- Sonia Satchell – Owner, IRIE Jamaican Style Restaurant
We are now accepting applications for the 2022-23 school year! To enroll your child, you can apply online or download and submit an application via mail, in-person, email, or fax. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
Starting on March 25th, we will have an application deadline every Friday until all available seats have been filled. We will be offering to students who have applied on a rolling basis as long as there are available seats.
Want to get a sense of UP Academy Boston? Check out this virtual school tour video!