Welcome to UP Academy Boston! Serving more than 375 6th-8th grade students in Boston since 2011, UP Academy Boston is a mission-driven community of passionate and dedicated educators.
- Grades Served: 6-8
- Enrollment: Approximately 375
- Restart Date: August 2011
- School Restarted: Patrick F. Gavin Middle School
- Principal: Rashidah Lawson
- Director of Operations: James Frier
- Address: 215 Dorchester Street, South Boston, MA 02127
- Phone: (617) 635-8819
- Fax: (617) 635-8820
- Email: email@example.com
- Monday – Thursday: 7:35 am – 3:00 pm
- Friday: 7:35 am – 1:00 pm
- *Doors open at 7:15 am for breakfast Monday-Friday
- *Students who have homework club or detention will be dismissed at 3:30pm.
Board of Trustees
UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester are Horace Mann charter schools and are governed by the UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester Board of Trustees.
- Barbara Sullivan – Vice President, Research, Learning & Evaluation, Fidelity Foundations
- Beth Clymer (Chair) – Chief Financial Officer, Jobcase, Inc.
- Nii Amaah K. Ofosu-Amaah (Treasurer)– Principal, Business Development, Berkshire Partners
- Alisha Johnson – Supervisor, Crimson Preferred Scheduling, Tufts Medical Center
- Amar Kumar (Vice-Chair) – Senior Vice President of Product and Portfolio Management at Pearson
- Lana Ewing – Chief Academic Officer, Excel Academy Charter Schools
- Ali Huberlie – Senior Director, EY Parthenon
- Tchintcia Barros – Senior Portfolio Manager, Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Nelly Xavier – Senior Vice President, Head of Advisors and Family Offices, Fiera Capital
We are now accepting applications for the 2021-22 school year! To enroll your child, you can apply online or download and submit an application via mail, in-person, email, or fax. The first application deadline is Friday, February 26th, 2021 at 4PM. The lottery will be held on Wednesday, March 3rd 2021 at 5pm. Starting on March 26th, we will have an application deadline every Friday until all available seats have been filled. We will be offering to students who have applied on a rolling basis as long as there are available seats. If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While the school building may be closed right now, we look forward to welcoming you inside for a tour soon. In the meantime, check out this virtual school tour video.