Welcome to UP Academy Boston! Serving more than 375 6th-8th grade students in Boston since 2011, UP Academy Boston is a mission-driven community of passionate and dedicated educators.
- Grades Served: 6-8
- Enrollment: Approximately 375
- Restart Date: August 2011
- School Restarted: Patrick F. Gavin Middle School
- Principal: James Frier
- Director of Operations: Brittani Bond
- Address: 215 Dorchester Street, South Boston, MA 02127
- Phone: (617) 635-8819
- Fax: (617) 635-8820
- Email: email@example.com
- Monday – Thursday: 7:35 am – 3:00 pm
- Friday: 7:35 am – 1:00 pm
- *Doors open at 7:15 am for breakfast Monday-Friday
- *Students who have homework club or detention will be dismissed at 3:30pm.
Board of Trustees
UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester are Horace Mann charter schools and are governed by the UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester Board of Trustees.
Amar Kumar (Chair) – Senior Vice President of Product and Portfolio Management at Pearson
Beth Clymer – Chief Financial Officer, Jobcase, Inc.
Matt Lesniak (Treasurer)– Director, Strategic Operations Finance, Wayfair
Alisha Johnson – Supervisor, Crimson Preferred Scheduling, Tufts Medical Center
Aisha Miller (Secretary) – Chief of Civic Engagement, Office of Mayor Kim Janey
Rishi Shukla – Managing Partner & Co-Founder, DockSquare Equity
Lana Ewing – Chief Academic Officer, Excel Academy Charter Schools
Ali Huberlie (Vice-Chair) – Senior Director, EY Parthenon
We are now accepting applications for the 2022-23 school year! To enroll your child, you can apply online or download and submit an application via mail, in-person, email, or fax. The first application deadline is Friday, March 4th, 2022 at 4PM. The lottery will be held on Wednesday, March 9th 2022 at 5pm. If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to get a sense of UP Academy Boston? Check out this virtual school tour video!