Welcome to UP Academy Boston! Serving more than 490 6th-8th grade students in Boston since 2011, UP Academy Boston is a mission-driven community of passionate and dedicated educators.
- Grades Served: 6-8
- Enrollment: Approximately 490
- Restart Date: August 2011
- School Restarted: Patrick F. Gavin Middle School
- Principal: Rashidah Lawson
- Director of Operations: James Frier
- Address: 215 Dorchester Street, South Boston, MA 02127
- Phone: (617) 635-8819
- Fax: (617) 635-8820
- Email: email@example.com
- Monday – Thursday: 7:35 am – 3:00 pm
- Friday: 7:35 am – 1:00 pm
- *Doors open at 7:15 am for breakfast Monday-Friday
- *Students who have homework club or detention will be dismissed at 3:30pm.
Board of Trustees
UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester are Horace Mann charter schools and are governed by the UP Academy Boston & UP Academy Dorchester Board of Trustees.
- Barbara Sullivan – Director, Strategic Grant Partners
- Beth Clymer (Chair) – Operating Partner, Bain Capital
- Nii Amaah K. Ofosu-Amaah (Treasurer)– Principal, Business Development, Berkshire Partners
- Mark Parry – Community Member
- Alisha Johnson – Team Lead Crimson Preferred Scheduling, Tufts Medical Center
- Amar Kumar (Vice-Chair) – Senior Vice President of Product and Portfolio Management at Pearson
- Lana Ewing – Chief Academic Officer, Excel Academy Charter Schools
- Ali Huberlie – Senior Consultant, EY Parthenon
- Tchintcia Barros – Senior Portfolio Manager, Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Nelly Xavier – Senior Vice President, Head of Advisors and Family Offices, Fiera Capital
- Robert McConnaughey – Investment Management
UP Academy Boston is a tuition-free, public school open to all Boston scholars who are incoming 6th-8th graders. UP Academy Boston enrolls students through a random, city-wide lottery as required by Massachusetts law. An application is needed to enter the UP Academy Boston lottery, but no test scores, grades, recommendations, or history will be taken into consideration.
Applications are now LIVE for the 2020-21 school year. To enroll your child, you can:
- Click here to fill out an online application OR
- Download and submit the application below via mail, in-person, email, or fax.
Applications are due by Friday, February 28th, 2020 at 4PM. The lottery will be held on Wednesday, March 4th, 2020 at 5pm.